Thursday 4 August 2016

LOVE AT THAT FIRST SIGHT





Her face was unspoiled by beauty
Tresses like dark clouds haloed around
Her eyes honest and sincere
Concealed a mystery profound

Her gaze looked through my soul
My darkest secrets lay bare
Naked I felt before her
For eternity I just stood there

Its true she was no beauty
No poet would ever sing her praise
But there was some charisma about her
An epitome of poise and grace

She was as fresh as dew on the green leaf
As soft as the suns first ray
As sweet as the nectar in the flower
My heart at her feet now lay

I know not if I will ever know her
Or in my arms will I ever hold
I know not if we have a tomorrow together
Or it will remain my story untold

But I know I want her by my side
To hold her, to touch, to caress
This enigma that is now before me
For all my life I want to possess

What's this thirst that I can't quench
What's this yearning that won't go away
What's this fire that is all consuming
Is it love that's finally come my way?

1 comment:

  1. Yes it is love,.,.
    Beautiful written.,,.,
    Your speechless writter.,.,
    Keep it up......

    ReplyDelete