Friday 6 May 2016

CRY WOMAN, CRY!







It started as a mist, gradually the vision was marred and then slowly a single tear trickled down the eyes making way for the others to follow. No, I was not sad. Nor was I in pain. No one had broken my heart. There was no reason for me to cry. But, I was crying. It was watching a movie and the scene was such that i could not control my tears. I am sure this is the case with most of the women.
Tears make me feel alive, tears make me feel relieved, tears make feel thankful. Thankful that I still have a heart that can feel. Thankful that I still have the courage to show my emotion. Thankful, that there is still hope and I am still alive.
As a child and a teenager tears were a tool to get what I wanted. There were other times too. I remember crying every time we returned from summer holiday at my grandmother's. I remember crying every time dad got transferred and we had to say goodbye to friends. I remember crying for my siblings when they fell sick. I can say that I truly understood what "crying a bucketful of tears "meant when I read the book "Thorn birds" by Colleen McCullough.
Growing up, who can claim to have loved and not cried? Well, they say, love is happiness. It may be true, but to get there you sure have to swim through a river of tears. No one can claim to have loved without crying at least once!
Like any other Indian bride I too had a tearful send off. I cried when I had my miscarriage and I cried when I had my baby in my arms a couple of years later.
Tears have different flavors. Tears when you are happy, tears when you are sad, tears when you are in pain, tears when you miss someone, tears when you are mad at someone, tears when you are seething with anger and tears when you are just feeling helpless.
So, whenever you are feeling like it, go ahead, cry your heart's content. Trust me, you will feel so much better.
When God made a woman, he gave her many extra responsibilities. To fulfill all these, she needed extra strength. So God gave her a weapon, her tears.
Never ever think that a woman who cries is weak. You may laugh at her if you see her crying over some stupid movie, you may call her unprofessional, when she is trying to hide her tears as her boss is firing her. You may call her a sentimental fool, when her eyes water as she is applying dettol on her child's grazed knee. Call her all that. But never call her weak. For a woman's strength lies in her tears. A woman, when she is crying is just recharging her batteries and she will come out twice as strong.

No comments:

Post a Comment