Saturday 7 May 2016

A MOUNTAIN'S PERSON..THATS ME

A misty morning on a hillside,
I smile and push the blankets away.
The dawn is just breaking 
Morning is tip toeing softly to lay a claim on the day
Holding my breath I move towards the balcony,
opening my eyes in anticipation of the sight,
sight of the sun kissed mountain touches me
With its ethereal beauty and majestic might
Its always been love at first sight,
Though falling in love was never my intention
Its a bond that has no reason..no logic
Its a pull that's beyond comprehension
I was never a daughter of the mountain
Nor a bride of the hill
But they are a part of my life
And till my grave, they will
I can pass my days looking at them
Day in and day out
Their silence speaks to me
Love is what its all about
They stand a mute witness in history
To dynasties rising and falling
They have seen heroism and treachery
In their laps many a men found their calling
Now as i look at them
I am very sure that they know me
There she is, in this life too , they think
Starting at us unashamedly
For ever since my birth in this universe
I am bound in love, never to be free
I love their strength,their silence, their serenity
Yes....a mountain's person....that's me..

No comments:

Post a Comment